As Software Developer, you will assist with the design, development, testing, and integration of software to satisfy system/subsystems functional requirements for new and existing applications. This work is supporting a SPAWAR customer.
- Must be a US citizen with the ability to maintain a DoD Secret security clearance
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Software development in an Agile environment
- Address software defects and change requests
- Develop technical reports and documentation
- Ensure adherence to Information Assurance standards
- Develop and execute unit test and integration documentation
- Support configuration management processes
- Resolve technical issues through debugging, research, and investigation
- Analyze, specify, design, develop, code, test, integrate and document software modules, systems, and subsystems to provide new functional capabilities and improve existing systems in support of Government Software Systems development.
- Perform reverse engineering of software components and systems to support vulnerability and exploitation analysis.
- Adhere to open standards and modern software development methodologies, including what are considered 'best' practices by the industry. This also includes rapid prototyping to meet time critical requirements.
Required Education, Skills, and Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in a technical discipline or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of Java development experience
- Experience working with tools/technologies such as Maven, GIT, RHEL, and virtualization
- CompTIA Security+ certification
- Ability to decipher and gather requirements for customer approval of application changes
- Ability to create/describe work activity estimates, progress and issues
- Proven history of authoring reusable documentation and templates for the Agile Software Development Lifecycle
- Ability to act as a liaison between the team and the customer in addressing Agile development concepts and lessons learned efficiencies
- Fosters positive work relationships with customers, co-workers, and visitors
- Expert problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Good verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to describe technical implementations
- Organizes work activities to ensure timely completion of assigned responsibilities
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Experience in DoD environment
Physical Demands and Expectations:
- Regular physical activity to include walking, climbing stairs, bending, stooping, reaching, lifting (up to 30 pounds), and standing; occasional prolonged sitting
- Ability to speak, read, hear and write, with or without assistance
- Ability to use phone and computer systems, copier, fax and other office equipment
This position description represents a summary of the major components and requirements of the outlined job. Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned or required as business needs dictate. Questions regarding this description should immediately be addressed to the department manager or to Human Resources.
Our mission is to enable people and organizations to achieve their full potential.
As a professional services organization our mission is focused on our clients' people and organizations. It is our company's cornerstone belief that we will not lead the industry in assisting our clients unless we excel at helping our own people and teams reach their full potential.
Our corporate culture encourages personal and professional growth because LCE's success depends on the talent, professionalism and commitment of its employees. LCE is a strengths-based organization focused on turning individual talents into strengths and then turning individual strengths into organizational performance that supports our clients' success.
- Affordable Medical/Dental/Vision Plans for employees and their families.
- Free Employee Life and Disability Insurance, with supplemental coverage options available.
- Health Savings Account and Flexible Benefit Account options
- Company matched 401K & company funded Employee Stock Ownership Program
- Paid Vacation, Holidays, & Sick Leave
- Continuing Education & Professional Development Programs at all levels
- Flexible Schedules & Relaxed Dress code
- Employer sponsored events, social collaboration, and open communication
- Free access to an extensive online training library, including certification prep
- Bonus Program for outstanding contributions, Employee Referral Program, numerous Recognition Opportunities, and more…
*Benefits may vary by business unit & location. http://www.lce.com/Employee_Benefits_358.html
Life Cycle Engineering (LCE) shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR §§ 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin. Moreover, these regulations require that LCE take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability. In addition, LCE will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because such employee or applicant has inquired about, discussed, or disclosed the compensation of the employee or applicant or another employee or applicant. LCE shall also abide by the requirements of 29 CFR Part 471, Appendix A.